Research shows that nearly 90 percent of seniors want to stay in their homes as they age, often called “aging in place”. Home Health services allow you to receive skilled medical care in the comfort of home. While home health encompasses a wide array of medical services, a few examples of services our team provides are:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound.
- Rehabilitation programs to help maintain or return to an optimal level of function.
- Monitoring serious illness or unstable health status.
- Patient and caregiver education.
- Medication management.
- Case management and care coordination.
Home Health is often more cost effective, more convenient than and as effective as the care you would receive in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). The goal of home health is to treat an illness or injury while supporting you and those who care for you while we do so. We want to help you return to health, regain your independence, and understand how to manage any chronic medical conditions as effectively as possible. Home Health care is paid in full through the Medicare benefit at no cost to you.
We at Seaport take pride in providing the highest level of clinical care and collaboration. By surrounding you with compassionate and experienced clinicians, our goal is to tailor a plan of care specific to your needs. Your team includes:
- Registered Nurses – provide education, wound care and other treatments often while acting as your case manager and care coordinator.
- Physical Therapists – help you regain strength, function and flexibility while ensuring your safety and managing your pain.
- Occupational Therapists – help you maintain independence in your home environment or adapt your environment so that you can manage your daily activities safely and effectively
- Speech-Language Pathologists – assist with issues related to swallowing, cognition or communication disorders.
- Home Health Aide – assist you with activities of daily living including bathing, toileting and transferring from your bed to a walking device.
- Social Workers – provide support as well as access to community resources.
With this team of professionals surrounding you and collaborating with your primary care physician, we are confident that we can provide a life-changing level of service.